Tuesday, August 08, 2017

{ Template, Exercise Video and Staying on track }

August 8, 2017

Isn't is amazing how the sun shining through in that photo almost seems to blind you?  It's like standing right there in that same spot staring at the sun with your own eyes, and not through a camera lens.

Anyway, I have a couple things to touch on with you all, I'm sure the first thing you noticed was the template is different yet again.  I apologize for that, seems that lately I've gone through a couple of templates and they keep changing.  I find one I like, I mess with it and publish it and then within a few days something in the coding goes wonkers and it stops working like it should, so I remove it and try a different one.

I'm really hoping this one stays for a while, if for nothing else than the fact that it's getting a little old messing with it constantly.

Next thing I wanted to talk to you about is my sidebar.  You may have noticed, and if you haven't take a quick peek over there to the right of the screen.  You should see a category named Today's Exercise.

I'm trying to stick to an exercise routine and finding it a bit hard to stay motivated, so in an effort to hold myself accountable, I'm going to be sharing the exercise routine I'm doing that day, right here on my blog.

A couple of you actually asked me what exercise I'm doing, so now you'll be able to see for yourselves and maybe, just maybe, even be motivated to join in?  These videos are super short, some routines are only 4 minutes long but they're Hiit exercises which are guaranteed to give you a really good workout in a short amount of time, and they're pretty much mostly made for women.  We all want to feel good about ourselves and workout but truthfully, we don't always have time to set aside a whole hour or even 45 minutes to do it, so these are perfect.  :)

August 8, 2017

August 8, 2017

I got up this morning, and I didn't want to do my workout but I pushed myself to do it and felt so good afterwards.  Once I was done, I took a quick shower, got dressed for the day and had some breakfast.

My favorite of the minute is toast with butter and raspberry jam.  Just loved it!!!

August 8, 2017

While having my breakfast, I quickly pulled out my Sweet Caroline Pillow and quickly sewed it.  I didn't have a cushion picked out for it, but what I do have are a bunch of old chair pillows that are getting old and ratty, so I used one of those and it was the right size.  I'm thrilled with the way it turned out, and that's one more project off the hooks :)

August 8, 2017

The kids were up and about, both waiting for a new update on their game on the consoles, so they cleaned their bedrooms, took their showers and I made them a quick lunch.  I've actually missed making them lunches and faffing about with them, they're both grown and eat when they want, make their own breakfast and lunch and so on, so it's nice to be able to do this once in a while.

I made tuna sandwiches and they also had some of these yummy cheese crackers.  They're quite nice.

August 8, 2017

And some homemade chocolate chip cookies to munch on too.  They both love my food and I absolutely love cooking for them :)

August 8, 2017

When all was said and done, I sat down and got my Cookbook review up for you all.  I have so many reviews and computer work that I need to do but time just gets away from me.  So I'm also making it a point to stay on track and get the review up as soon as I can, I hate to forget or take weeks to get something up.

I puttered around the house the rest of the day, made a delicious homemade lasagna for dinner, completely from scratch from the meat with homemade sauce (not from a jar, even though I will sometimes use it), and white sauce.

There really is nothing better than a homemade lasagna is there? 

Oh and I didn't forget about the homemaker series I mentioned yesterday, I will have that up really soon, probably tomorrow.  :)  I'm off to bed friends, have a great night!!!

No comments: