Tuesday, August 08, 2017

{ Addie Gundry's NO-BAKE DESSERTS and FAMILY FAVORITE CASSEROLE RECIPES }

A couple of weeks ago I was asked if I would be interested in reviewing Addie Gundry's new summer cookbooks.  If you know me, you know that one of my biggest passions in life is cooking and baking.  It's a well known fact to the whole family, and even the pets.....seriously, if one of the kids or hubby asks Marley "where's mommy?  go get mommy."  He runs to the kitchen hahaha

Anyway, one of the first things that caught my eye with these cookbooks, are the beautiful covers.  I really do believe that an eye catching cover is a big selling point.

Then obviously, eye catching photos of the recipes that are provided in the books, and again, it didn't disappoint.

But let me back track a bit and tell you about Addie Gundry.   She was the Cutthroat Kitchen Winner and a Food Network Star contestant.  I love watching Food Network Star and actually knew exactly who Addie was, so this was even more exciting for me.

With a Master’s in Culinary Arts from Auguste Escoffier in Avignon, France, experience working for chefs including Daniel Boulud, Thomas Keller, and Martha Stewart and winning Cutthroat Kitchen on The Food Network in 2015, Addie Gundry has branded her mark in the culinary world. Gundry shows that a dish doesn’t have to be complicated to be creative, elegant and mouth-wateringly delicious. Homecooks don’t need multiple pots and pans or expensive and rare ingredients to find flavor and cook memorable meals. Gundry is the executive producer of RecipeLion, and releasing a collection of RecipeLion cookbooks, the first two of which are debuting this July!

Here are the two cookbooks I was sent......

 

A casserole is something to be shared—something warm, rich, and worthy of a gathering on its own. Every recipe is paired with a beautiful finished photograph that will make readers jump at the idea of casserole night.

Recipes include:
• Layered Ham and Cheese Croissant Casserole
• Zoodle Casserole
• Perfect Pizza Casserole
• Unforgettable Buffalo Chicken Casserole
• John Wayne Cowboy Casserole
• Skinny Cheeseburger Casserole
• Strawberry Icebox Casserole

I actually had my family page through the books too and tell me which recipes they would like me to try, and it was pretty funny because every page their turned to they said "this one".  I'm not kidding, the books are literally filled with recipes that I want to make for my family.

Usually I find that cookbooks have a few recipes that are not my cup of tea, those that I look at and think "no, I wouldn't enjoy that at all.".  This wasn't the case for these books, and I know that I'll be trying them all out.

I already made the Sloppy Joe Casserole which was very much enjoyed but I couldn't even get a picture because the family demolished it in a flash.

The other one I also made was the Perfect Pizza Casserole and luckily I snapped some pics right before they devoured it too.  This one was one of their favorites, my husband said what he most liked about it was that the dough couldn't even be really tasted, it took on and soaked in the sausage flavor and that made it all the better.
 

The Unforgettable Buffalo Chicken Casserole is the next recipe I'll try, my 14 year old LOVES buffalo chicken and has requested this one.

The Layered Ham and Cheese Croissant Casserole would make the perfect brunch addition.

Book number 1, a total success in my opinion and I think it will make it's way to my favorite cookbooks shelf.


Combining her professional French culinary training with her love of easy entertaining solutions, Addie translates classic favorites from tiramisu to banana cream pie into easy go-to recipes that readers will want to use all year round.

Recipes include:
• Cherry Cheesecake Bites
• Chocolate Strawberry Pie
• Gummy Bears and Champagne Gummy Hearts
• Butterscotch Haystacks
• Healthy Fruit Pizza
• No-Fry Fried Ice Cream
• Strawberry Shortcake in a Jar

 Ooohhhh goodness.  This cookbook is a drool factory in the making.  Every single recipe, every single page made me want to jump right in.  So many amazing options to try.

We made the Grasshopper Pie which was a huge success here at the house as we love chocolate and mint.   Also made the Cherry Cheesecake Bites and the Butterscotch Haystacks which are a favorite for us.

There are so many others I am going to make, and having a family reunion coming up next month, I think I will have plenty of ideas and options to share with everyone.

So yes, Book #2 is also a huge hit for me. 

Summer is still in full swing and I know as moms we want easy, delicious, filling and nutritious meals for our family.  These are IT friends, you will find tons of delicious recipes in these books and I'm sure your family will be as happy as mine was when I served them up these casseroles and desserts.

If you're looking for great recipes, gorgeous cookbooks and new ideas to get you out of the cooking and baking rut, you have to get these books for yourself.

Addie is a producer at RecipeLion, where you can preview some of the recipes for free, like the Philly Cheesesteak CasseroleCinnamon Roll CasseroleStrawberry Shortcake in a Jar and even Snickerdoodle Balls.  You can also get your hands on these amazing cookbooks, by ordering here.

I'm really looking forward to more of her books in the future, I think it would make a beautiful addition to my cookbook collection.

Thank you to St. Martin's Press for the review copies.  All opinions and views are my own.

No comments: