Monday, September 17, 2012

No Reply Blogger


Alright blog readers, I need to talk to you all about something.

See I love getting comments and I don't usually reply back in the comment section because I figure you are like me, you make a comment and then move on and don't go back and check again.

I much prefer to reply through email and it's sad when I try to do that and get the "No Reply Blogger", which means if I reply to you, the email will end up somewhere in a black hole in cyberspace.  Not good.

I love replying, I love letting people know that I appreciate them taking the time to stop by and leave me a note, but I have a feeling that many of you may find me to be the rudest blogger alive, because you don't hear back from me.

Not for lack of trying, trust me.

So, if you could do me a huge favor, and it's no biggie because when I first started blogging I did the same thing and then people wanted to reply to me and hit the same brick wall.

This is very easily fixed.

Click on your blogger profile, click edit and then make sure "show my email" is checked.  That's it!

Now when you leave me a comment, I can quickly reply to you through email :)

And while we're on the subject, I've also ran into the problem where one of my readers will ask me to check out their blogs, but when I go to do so, I run into the empty profile window, no blogs showing.

This is also a quick fix.  Again in your profile, click "select blogs to display", then select the blog you want to be shown and save settings.

Now when someone wants to visit you back, they'll be able to do so :)

Deal??????





8 comments:

Andrea said...

Done and done. Now I expect to hear from you all the time :-)

Sweet Tea said...

I was a "no reply" commenter but had no idea on how to fix it. Thanks!!
I've wanted to change this - just did.

Sew Very Me said...

I don't comment very often, but I love reading your blog, it makes living so far from South Africa a little easier. We also have a bit of our history that is similar. I was born in Mozambique; father is from Portugal, but have never self been there.
Have also made sure that my email is visible

Michelle ~ Blogging from the Boonies said...

I switched my regular Blogger comments to the ones hosted by Intense Debate. It makes it so much easier to actually converse in the comments section, plus people do not have to have a Google address in order to comment. It has opened up a whole new world for me.

You might want to check it out!

gail@more than a song said...

I think mine is set right? It looks like it is! We shall see.....sometimes I do check back later after commenting :)

Linda said...

Thanks for this post. Someone just commented that I was a No Reply Blogger and I have been able to put that right. L

Laura B said...

Hello Sandra, I can feel for your daughter, my son became lactose intolerant around age 12 (he's 27 now). He used Lactaid milk and if we went out he took the pill before eating. He mainly was intolerant to milk and yogurt.
The Lactaid milk comes in whole, reduced fat and i think skim. Lactaid also makes ice cream (vanilla is yummy!), cottage cheese and sour cream.
He has used Lactaid milk for so long that he prefers the taste over tegular milk even though it seems after quite some time he outgrow his intolerance.
He did have a painful and very bloated belly.
Best wishes to all of you and hope Jasmine feels better soon.
Laura B.

Abby Jo @ forgottenwayfarms.com said...

Hello, this Abby Jo @ Forgotten Way Farms.com. I just came out with a new cookbook (Cozy Christmas Baking A Hygge-Inspired Christmas) and would love to have you do a review or giveaway?? Could you email me?