Thursday, September 27, 2012

My Thursday

Even though the temperature hasn't dropped enough for me to be truly happy, just finally getting below 100 degrees is enough to bring a smile to my face.

I seem to have more energy during the Fall.  More umphf, more something, I don't know....all I know is that I tend to tackle my days with a renewed joy.

2012_09270009
early morning yard watering, watching the water drops flying through the air

2012_09270020
this time of the year also brings tea, lots of tea

2012_09270022
sitting quietly, listening to the birds and watching the curtains blow in the wind

2012_09270026
lemons and oranges are starting to be set aside for pumpkins, apples, cinnamon and nutmeg....and to say goodbye to summer, a slice of our favorite summer dessert Orange Cake

2012_09270028
a little more work on the back of the pillow

2012_09270030
regrowing lettuce, even if it seems hard, it really isn't. Cut off the end off the lettuce, pop it in a jar and fill just the bottom with water, then watch it pop to life.

2012_09270034
candle light in my bedroom and the scent of coconut and mandarin orange filling the air

2012_09270037
ending the day in one of my favorite spots in the house....my bed



6 comments:

Sherri B. said...

Your candles look to be dressed for the occasion, in their sweet little lace nighties...Have a good rest. xo

Conny said...

sounds and looks like a GREAT day!! :) I don't always comment - but I always enjoy your pics and information (like about the salad - cool!!).

Anna said...

I didn't know that about regrowing lettuce. I may have to give that a try sometime.

Christy said...

I love these posts and your beautiful photography. It puts a smile on my face every time one shows up in my reader. I too have a renewed energy in the fall and a great desire to cook soups and stews and bake things with those delicious smelling spices. The leaves on the trees that surround my backyard are turning orange - it's just gorgeous.

Tammy ~ Country Girl at Home ~ said...

I just get a renewed joy this time of year too! Love it!

Love that quilt on your bed!

Tammy

Whitney @ My Southern Comfort said...

I can't tell you what a blessing you have been to me that passed few months and this post makes me just want to come out to AZ to visit you. Hope you have an amazing weekend!