Monday, September 17, 2012

Happy Homemaker Monday #35

Nothing like waking up, preparing a cup of coffee and in the middle of doing that, seeing a huge cockroach by the coffee maker.  Have I told you all before how much I loathe cockroaches????  They make my stomach turn.  GROSSSSSSS!!!!

Anyway, good morning everyone :)  


happyhomemakermonday
If you want to save and use the new button, just click here.

The Weather:::
78 degrees right now.  The week ahead looks like sunny and blue skies, and more triple digit weather.  How fun?  NOT!

On my reading pile:::
Started The Widow of Larkspur Inn on my Kindle, and really liking it.

On my tv:::
My Monday usually consists of the same shows, unless there's something new.
Hell on Wheels Episode 5
My Portuguese soaps (Doce Tentacao, Louco Amor, Tempo de Viver)
Copper
Breaking Amish (new show on TLC)


On the menu for this week:::
Monday -  Meatloaf Supreme, Mashed Potatoes
Tuesday -  Ravioli with meat sauce
Wednesday -  Lingquine with Peppery Beef Strips
Thursday - Smoked Sausage and Potatoes
Friday -  Homemade Pizza
Saturday -  Pork Parmigiana
Sunday  -  Ham and Cheese Sliders

On my to do list:::
Homeschooling
Laundry
 
What I am sewing, crocheting, knitting or creating:::
Making some crochet blankets for the kids and finishing up my Hexagon Pillow.


Homemaking Tips:::
There are many vegetables out there that you can regrow yourself, without needing to buy at the store.  Green onions, garlic etc.  Even celery.  And it's so easy to do.  All you need is to cut off the end of the celery stalk and instead of throwing it out, pop it in a small jar, cover the base with water and set it in on a window sill.  Change the water daily for a week.  You'll see it start growing new leaves from the middle.  After a week, move it to a pot with some soil, cover the whole base and leave just the leaves sticking out.  It will continue to grow and pretty soon you'll have new celery to enjoy in your kitchen.

Looking around the house:::
I'm cold.  I know, it's ridiculous, but I'm sitting at my little homeschooling desk right now, and the vent is right above me.  So I'm cold, and I'm wrapped in my crochet blankie.
Hubby is at his computer working on some school homework before leaving for work.  Kids are asleep and so are the pugs.
All I can hear is the fish tank gurgling away, some cars going by outside, and the neighbor's dog barking at something.


From the camera:::
Now here's a first.  I haven't taken many pictures this week, so I have none to share today.  Bummer! 
 
On my prayer list:::
This country.  I'm fervently praying for this country, for this government, for the people, for our safety.  So much to pray for right now and we have to keep doing it, we can't stop. 

Bible verse, Devotional:::
“Follow God’s example, therefore, as dearly loved children” Ephesians 5:1 NIV



5 comments:

Andrea said...

I like the idea of regrowing veggies. My potatoes and garlic usually sprout before I use them all up anyway.

Christy said...

Finally got to post this week! That is good to know about replanting celery - I think of all the times I have thrown it away. I am so unknowledgeable about gardening and canning, I appreciate your lessons.

Unknown said...

Hey I know I'm just throwing this out there, but this is for stay home moms like myself that are looking to bring some extra income. I recently joined this online marketing company and it costed me a few dollars on some trial stuff to get started. To my surprise I have been making money. Its really simple and it works and I've been monitoring my bank account and making sure everything is there, not only that I set up a paypal account and all the money I make from this program it goes straight into my pay pal account and I can transfer my money into my personal bank account at any time. If you want an easy way to make an income I suggest you try this. From one struggling mother to another I feel blessed I stumbled upon this program and I hope it helps you to. Just follow my link and let it open up a door for you. Also you have to sign up for a few trials, but you cancel them before they are up so it is absolutely free and if you do spend a couple dollars on shipping. Jeff will reimburse you, it goes straight into your paypal account. Incredible, I recommend this it's changed my life:)
http://www.instantpaydaynetwork.com/kacimiedema

Unknown said...

It's funny but I am at my homeschooling desk (Em is next to me doing math) and I am cold under the AC vent too! hahahaha

I am going to try that regrowing veggie thing - I never have done that. I think it would be a fun little project for our home ec class!

Sherry

Anonymous said...

Thanks so much for hosting! I'm your newest follower and am super excited to start linking up! What a fun weekly idea! :)

Have a wonderful night!

Kim
Little Rays of Sunshine