Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Powerful Story!!!



While doing my usual morning read of the blogs, Karen mentioned how Laurie rode her bike in honor of a fallen soldier. What an amazing story, I went over and read the post at her blog and had tears running down my face. Please go over there and read it, it's just a wonderful example of how so many people stand behind the troops and support them no matter what their believes are towards the President or the War. Here is a link to the local news story too.

It's so easy to get caught up with the day to day and forget that the soldiers are still over in Iraq and working against all odds to do what they are TOLD to. See, I think that is where a lot of people get confused. They have this idea that the soldiers chose to go there out of their own will, when in fact they are just following orders. So next time you decide to point a finger at someone think carefully and make sure you know all the facts.

On to something else. RAIN!!! Yeah you heard me, RAIN that won't go away. It's been raining since last night, and it's not that hard rain, it's that constant drizzling that gets so annoying after a while. It's not cold, it's actually 47 degrees BUT the weather is pitiful. I have to run to the commissary for some WIC checks and I'm just not looking forward to leaving the house.

Curt took Jasmine to her dentist appointment this morning. I had called yesterday to be sure that she could still be seen even though she has the strep throat. The dentist said it's fine, as long as she is not running a fever and has been on antibiotics for a while and generally feels well. She's GOOD TO GO!!!

So I was watching tv the other night and came across "SuperNanny". Hmmm, ok, well I don't even know where to start. I've tried the whole punishment thing with the coming down to their level, giving a warning and putting them in the naughty corner. At my house we have the WALL....yeah the dreaded wall. If they don't listen and continuously misbehave then they get to put their noses up against the wall.
Does it always work? NO!!!
Do I threaten them with the wall every chance I get? YES!!!
Do I follow through all the time? NO!!!
See a pattern here??? Something's definitely got to give. Unfortunately I know who's to blame. ME, there I said it, wow that feels not so great LOL
Alright so I've decided that I have to stick to my guns, even if I think they are going to hate me for making them stand up agains the wall. Oh well, a little bit of grief now will mean a lot of happiness later, or something to that effect.

Well it's 10:30 am and I've put off going out of the house for as long as I could. I really need to get going. What do I have to look forward to today? Going through all my INS paperwork, rechecking it, finish filling it in, get everything notarized and ready to be sent out.
SIGH.......how fun!!!

Hope you all have a great day, I'm feeling like I'm coming down with a cold, so I'm about to go drink a HUGE glass of orange juice. Will see you all back here later :)

11 comments:

Courtney said...

LOL! Matt & I just had the "Court you have to stick to your guns " speech. I never "follow through" I just threaten. I need to work on that also.
Thank you so much for your kind words to our troops!!

Dan said...

I liked the little survey you did the other day... good thing to get to know you better. And thanks for the virtual hug!

Dan said...

I liked the little survey you did the other day... good thing to get to know you better. And thanks for the virtual hug!

Valkyrie said...

I've been trying to put my finger on why you look so familiar in your photograph...and it's because you look just like Celine Dion in that picture!

Anonymous said...

It is tough to follow through on threats but oh so important. You can do it :)

Karyzma said...

Yeah, and just keep thinking to yourself, that if you stand your ground, they might actually start doing what you want without you repeating yourself. If you keep backing out, they'll play that to their advantage. Kids are smart, they can figure these things out pretty quickly. ;o)

Sandra said...

Courtney I know exactly what you mean LOL Curt keeps saying "you're the parent, don't be scared of THEM" LOL

Emily, I am glad that the little surveys help you get to know me better and you're SO WELCOME on the virtual hug, sometimes any kind of hug can make a huge difference when we're having a bad day :)

Valk, LOL, you know, you're not the first to tell me I look like her LOL

Mel, I know, I know, but it's so hard, I've forced myself to do it though and we've had some improvement.

Mystik, kids are way smart, they know how to push my buttons LOL I always tell Curt that only he and the kids know exactly how to set me off LOL

Toni Anderson said...

Hi Sandra!! A fellow displaced mom! Being in the military must make you move around lots, like being married to a research scientist (though you have the dangers of war to worry about to). Good point about soldiers, I'm not happy with the way things are going around the world in general, but the last thing anyone should do is blame the soldiers.

Discipline... It is so hard to get right. I love the Supernanny (hang on, is she the Londoner? because I love her despite her accent). We have a naughty step. I didn't think it would work with my son, but being firm it really did. Though I swear I sometimes just have to yell or I'll explode. They don't teach that on TV :( I'm a bad mommy!!!

Toni Anderson said...

PS. I love your blog skin. I must think about changing mine though I LOVE lighthouses!!

Sandra said...

Toni, thanks for visiting my blog :) I've added you to my blogroll :)

The whole military thing is frustrating in the sense that the soldiers are always being pointed the finger at. Wish more people would be understanding :)

Yes supernanny is the one with the british accent LOL.....see I yell and explode too and then I get so frustrated with myself cause I feel like I'm doing the wrong thing. Sigh...it's hard being a mom LOL

I got my blogskin at Caz Templates....there's a link to it at the bottom of my blog on the sidebar, you should check it out, she has really cool skins :)

Sandra said...

Laurie, thank you so much for coming by :) I so appreciate what you have done for the troops, it means a LOT to us being a military family :)
Huge hugs to you :)