Thursday, March 09, 2006

Just one more day :(

I keep having to tell myself that it's just one more day before the weekend. I got NO sleep last night. I don't know if Nicholas is coming down with something but he has been so restless for the past 2 nights. He wants to sleep with me and then kicks and I can't count how many times I got punched in the eyeball, yeah EYEBALL. At least if he managed to get the other parts of the face it wouldn't be so bad, but the worst part---the eyeball. I had to keep praying and asking God for forgiveness cause I have to admit that by the time I got hit the 3rd or 4th time there was as stream of profanity eminating from my mouth. SIGH....some nights are just not good!!!

This morning I have to run to the library to fax the MMR results to the doctors office. I tried doing it from home and for some reason the fax software on my computer chose not to cooperate.
Oh did I tell you that it's freezing outside?

So, I'm trying to sleep last night and I finally get Nic back to sleep again around 2am. I start to close my eyes and BAM. I swear it felt like the house was going to blow away. We had THE worst thunderstorm hit us, and even though it lasted only about 5 minutes tops, there was so much rain, hail and wind that it felt more like a hurricane. Now today, we're back to the 30's in temperature and it's supposed to rain and snow. GRRRRRRRR I've had it, I want to be able to walk, take my kids to the park etc. Enough with the hot coffee during the day, bring on the Iced Tea!!!

Remember a while back I was talking about these DVD's from a guy named Rob Bell? It's these Christian DVD's. There's about 12 in the set and they're only between 10 and 15 minutes long. They are SO GOOD. I first heard about them from my mother in law when she came for Christmas. Since then she's been sending them to us and I'm just LOVING every one of them.

The last one we got is called "Flame". It's about real love and how some of us don't really understand what it is. We mistake things like friendship, commitment, or lust for love.
Rob Bell goes on to give us good examples of everyday things, which is why I love watching him, he never bores me. Go ahead and take a look and next time you see one of these DVD's on the shelf be sure to pick them up, you won't be disappointed.

Here's my to-do list for today:

  • Go to library to fax paperwork
  • Return movies
  • Vacuum, Sweep and Mop
  • Laundry
  • Print out Routine and Chores List (I started this a few days ago to help the kids keeping with the routine)

Well times are wasting, so I better get a move on. See ya all back here later...can NOT wait for the American Idol results. I know I'm shallow but I had to vote for Ace like 20 times LOL and Chris another 20, those are my favorites :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can imagine you must be sick of the cold. I can't imagine a thunderstorm in the winter.

Sandra said...

Yeah it's really weird for me too. I was used to the summer thunderstorms in Jo'burg. Here they come in the winter, so it's not right for me. LOL

I was also used to braai's for Christmas and here it's snowing. Just something else to get used to I guess :)